HOME >  English TOP >  Current Students >  Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship Students

▼Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship Student

●Scholarship Tenure

Procedure for Extending Scholarship Tenure:
The scholarship tenure is within two years for research students and the shortest enrolling period at the University for undergraduate students. If a Monbukagakusho scholar wishes to extent the tenure, he/she can apply for extension with the recommendation of his/her academic advisor.

Application should be made around October every year. Please contact the Student Section in your department.

The extension, however, is not permitted to students categorized as:

・Japanese Studies Students,

・Research International Students who are matriculated as research students at the University and expect to extend in the same status,

・Research International Students who will not complete the Doctorate/Master’s course within the duration of enrollment.

Monbukagakusho will decide whether or not to extend his/her scholarship term on the basis of careful examination of the application, but not all the applications are permitted since there are so many each year. You should consider the possibility that your extension is not be granted.

* Those who pursue further studies should apply for the extension in advance, even before the scholarship tenure is over.