HOME >  English TOP >  Current Students >  Procedure for Immigration Services-Extension of Period of Stay

▼Procedure for Immigration Services

●Extension of Period of Stay

If you wish to stay beyond the period of residence determined when you entered Japan or changed the status of residence, you must go through the procedure for an extension of period of stay at the Immigration Bureau.
The application can be accepted two month prior to the expiration of your period. Necessary documents are available at the Intl Student Exchange Div.

*When you are extended your period of stay, you need to renew an alien registration
within 14 days at a ward office.

■Necessary Documents

1. Application for Extension of Period of Stay
Click here to download
2. Passport
3. Alien Registration Card
4. Fee : ¥4,000 (a revenue stamp)
5. Certificate of Enrollment (issued at the Student Section of the department)
6. Transcript (issued at the Student Section of the department)
— If not be obtained, advisor’s statement about the schoolwork is substitutable.
The form is available at the Intl Student Exchange Div.
7. Documents indicating fund for living in Japan: bankbook, certificate of scholarship,

*Monbukagakusho scholars can obtain the Certificate of Scholarship for Japanese Government
Scholars instead of No.7 from Intl Student Exchange Div.

■Where to Submit

Fukuoka Immigration Bureau
Fukuoka Airport Domestic Flights Terminal #3, 778-1 Shimo-usui, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812-0003

Office Hours : 9:00-16:00 weekday
[Immigration Information Center] Tel.092-626-5100

Immigration Bureau of Japan >> http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/