HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in participating in SIJ, first, please follow the instructions below, and then submit all the following five application components as listed further below.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00pm, February 29, 2020 (JST).
- Download all the forms to fill in from here: all the forms
- Turn in all the required application materials with ‘SIJ Application Requirements Checklist’ via e-mail to: email@example.com
- Complete the application process by no later than 5:00pm, February 29, 2020 (JST).
- A completed SIJ Application Form (FORM-1a, 1b)
Please completely fill in and submit this form in order to be included in the participant selection process.
- A letter of recommendation (FORM-2)
The letter needs to be written by a faculty member (i.e. a professor) of the applicant’s home university, other than a language instructor, who is familiar with the applicant’s academic background and potential.
- A short essay (FORM-3)
In this essay applicants are required to state, in a clear and concise manner, why they want to participate in SIJ. This essay needs to be written using between 800 to 1000 words, typed in single space format.
- An official academic transcript
This material needs to be issued in English by the university in which applicants are currently enrolled.
- A copy of an official English test score report (FORM-4)
Only non-native English speakers are required to turn in this material. The test scores need to be of TOEFL, IELTS or other internationally recognizable tests.
- For International Students applying for Admission (including SIJ program);
- For Students (including SIJ participants);