I plan to keep up my health insurance from my home country while I am studying in Japan; do I still have to take out Japanese health insurance?

Anyone with a period of stay in excess of three months who is a student or who is not enrolled in social insurance of employer (mutual insurance or health insurance) must enroll in the National Health Insurance program.