SHARE-Q International Advisory Group (SIAG)
Kyushu University has been chosen as one of the 13 universities of the Top Global University (TGU) Project (Type A), a 10-year funding project launched by the Japanese government in 2014.
Top University Project (MEXT)
The university has since been striving to become the world’s leading research and education hub under the name of Strategic Hub Area for top-global Research and Education, Kyushu University”or SHARE-Q for short.
In line with SHARE-Q’s multifaceted goals, the university leadership invited in September 2016 a select group of international faculty to form the SHARE-Q International Advisory Group (SIAG) in hope that their experience and wisdom would help promote Kyushu U’s internationalization. Since then SIAG has organized a number of FDs for the university’s international community, and put together two comprehensive proposals on behalf of the Kyushu U President.
SIAG consists of international faculty members in Kyushu U as below.
- Johan Lauwereyns, Vice President and Professor, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Junhai Guo, Professor, International Student Center
- Andrew Hall, Associate Professor, Faculty of Social and Cultural Studies
- Ellen Van Goethem, Associate Professor, Faculty of Humanities
- Gabrielle Decamous, Associate Professor, Faculty of Languages and Cultures
- Li Xiaoyan, Associate Professor, Interdisciplinary Science and Innovation
Associate Board Member
- Edward Vickers, Professor, Faculty of Human-Environment Studies
- Douglas Drummond, Professor, Faculty of Agriculture
- Hemanta Hazarika, Professor, Faculty of Engineering
- Andrew Robertson, Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering
- Andrew Spring, Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering Sciences
- Huixin Liu, Associate Professor, Faculty of Sciences
- Jose M.M. Caaveiro, Associate Professor, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Natalie Konomi, Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering
- Vishwajit Sur Chowdhury, Associate Professor, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Osama Eljamal, Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering Sciences
- Caleb Carter, Lecturer, Faculty of Humanities
（As of 1st April, 2021）
SIAG’s outputs so far include:
Proposals for the Internationalization of Kyushu University
SIAG has submitted its proposals for the Internationalization of Kyushu University to the university leaders on two occasions.
Proposal One：SIAG Proposals 2016
Proposal Two：SIAG proposals 2019
Faculty Development in English (FDE)
SIAG has organized a number of FDs, using English as the medium of communication (FDEs). The FDEs are designed to share information that are essential to the well-being and good performance of the university’s international community, but not readily available in English.
The absence of English communication often thwarts the international faculty from having access to the information essential to their good performance. Despite the fact that all our academic staff possess a considerable network of their own, moreover, the lack of interaction between Japanese and international faculty has made it difficult to fully utilize such potentially important resources. These FDEs have been conceived partly to deal with these problems. More information about the SIAG activities can be found at the link below.